Friday, August 29, 2003

Bye-bye!

Bye-bye!

Well, I think we're reaching the end. August is almost over, so it's about time to hand over the reins back to Keith and say goodbye to this blog and "all you wonderful people out there in the dark".

I must say, my respect for bloggers has increased a hundredfold. It's time-consuming, isn't it? And the ability to think in short form is a real skill. Thank you to those who offered insights on gay models, Arnie, Alexander the Great, dramatic representations of Hitler, sexuality and religion, and Pauline Hanson, and who offered kind advice and notes on issues such as online dating, hat-wearing, facials, and funerals.

I've had so much fun that I'm thinking of commencing my own blog. I still haven't figured out the title -- there are a few ideas floating around, and Keith has given me some ideas, too. We'll see.

Hmm, it would be appropriate to break off with some resounding witty one-liner, or a conclusive aphorism, or even a musical or Hollywood-style finish. Sunday in the Park with George? White, a blank page or canvas. His favourite. So many possibilities...no, no one will know what I'm talking about... We sail to history! No, no, that won't do. I'll be back! *groan* And now Mr. DeMille, I'm ready for my close-up...? Ooh, or how about Captain Kirk's final words in that magnum opus, Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan, just after Spock has sacrificed himself for the good of the crew and the Genesis Planet has come into existence. You'll have to imagine me delivering this line with excruciating pauses in between the words, and general overacting:

"Young...I feel...young!"

cheesy James Horner music swells as the scene shifts to the vast expanse of space, with all its possibilities

No comments: