Sunday, December 21, 2008

Life Calling

I'm feeling lazy so I'm using someone else's material...

Jean sent me a Bloomberg article written by Michael Lewis, a finance journalist and also the author of Liar's Poker, titled, "A Wall Street Job Can’t Match a Calling in Life", in which he responds to a young banker's email to him on whether he should quit his dire but financially lucrative job on Wall Street.

I, like many others, could (check the tense) definitely relate to his situation. I guess I didn't want any old job and desired a calling in life... time will tell if it's architecture. God knows if I've made the right decision... since getting back on the blinged-up mouse wheel is getting pretty tempting!

Apparently the article was ranked as the top sent article on Bloomberg for days and has led to subsequent articles featuring selected responses from readers here and a response to Michael's advice from the banker here.

No comments: