Thursday, July 17, 2003

Girl, Interrupted

Girl, Interrupted

Bummer. Today I learnt that an article I submitted for a local literary studies journal won't make it into this year's edition, because one of my anonymous readers took too long to review the piece and get it back to me for further editing. Ah, well. I guess my conquest of the world of publication will have to go on hold 'til next year.

Something to take my mind off things: does anyone out there by any chance know the name of the actor who appears in the Hahn Premium TV ad that's been playing on high rotation at the moment? After spotting a lady relaxing in a spa, sipping on champagne, this cute guy -- a sort of a younger version of Ian Lawless -- interrupts her solitude by divebombing into the space and stretching out to soak up his Hahn Lite beer. It almost made me want to drink alcohol. Or buy a spa. Or take swimming lessons. I'm not sure which. Anyway, the guy's mesmerising.

No comments: